We know you’ve been waiting very patiently for Passpack’s web mobile version – so we’re opening up a preview that you can use right away while we put on the final touches.
Remember, this is a work in progress. We’ve still got a few glitches, a couple of bare spots and some items to tick off the to-do list. Here’s a quick run down…
What You Can Do Right Now
- View, add and manage your passwords
- Send secure messages, and read your archived messages
- View and (partially) manage your shared users & groups
- Update most of your account settings
If you’ve set up your mobile favorites, those will be unpacked for you as soon as you login. This will save you lots of memory cycles on your itty bitty device. If you don’t have any mobile favorites yet, then nothing will be unpacked – no worries just click the Unpack all link, or select a tag to unpack entries little by little.
What We’re Still Working On
- Shared user & groups are mostly functional, but still pretty bare bones
- Autologin still in progress
- Sending and receiving passwords via the email encryption deactivated
- Bulk edit & group management not available yet
- The navigation needs polishing (hint: to go back, click on a tab)
We’re also working on a really cool feature to access your account quickly… without typing a complicated Packing Key.
The preview has been tested so far on iPhone’s native Safari and Opera Mini as well. Safari is decidedly faster.