Before I forget: Happy Mother’s Day! That said – today’s update has nothing to do with moms [smile]. We’re switching package pricing from Euro to US Dollars, made some interface tweaks, redesigned the website and did some heavy duty back-end overhauling.
Dollars & Cents
Here’s an interesting stat. On any given month, between 75% and 80% of purchases come from the U S of A. Over in the help center we also get an overwhelming number of requests for pricing in Dollars.
We had considered maintaining separate price lists for different currencies, however the conversion rate is never quite perfect – tell the truth, would YOU want to buy something that costs $12.666666? Or pay a higher, rounded-up price? Not me!
As of now, our premium pricing has been fixed to the US Dollar. We’ll deal with the uneven fractions conversions so that you don’t have to.
Passpack is a European company so your invoice will “officially” indicate the price converted into Euro based on the current conversion rate supplied by Paypal. For your accounting convenience, the USD price you paid will be noted as well.
You can download a copy of your invoices from within your Passpack account under Account > Billing & Invoices.
Free Trials & Money Back Guarantee
You no longer have to test Passpack with a free account only. You can now sign up for a 15 day free trial directly into any one of our premium accounts. No credit card needed to sign up for a trial. We’ve also extended the money back guarantee to 30 days. In total, that’s 45 days to change your mind. We’re pretty sure you won’t!
We did a pretty major overhaul of the website – contents and design. You’ll definitely want to check out the new Who’s It For pages. These are great for when you’d like to suggest Passpack to someone – just point them to the page that best suits them, and you’ll have a lot less “why this is so cool” explaining to do [smile].
Also, the link to your Passpack Sign In screen is in the upper left corner of every page. However, by bookmarking https://www.passpack.com/online/ you can save yourself a click.
Fixes and Tweaks
- Streamlined the password suggestions in the entry window. It’s now located directly under the password field when it’s unscrambled.
- Your password history in the entry window used to be available only via a keyboard shortcut. We’ve now added a link just below the scrambled password field.
- Moved the Go button in your entry window to make space for a longer Link field, and to match the icon in the password list.
- Trick: click and hold for a half-second (slow-click?) any name in your password list and you’ll be able to edit it inline without having to open the entry window.
- We’ve removed the time limitations on archived secure messages. They won’t disappear unless you delete them yourself.
- The auto-save will now wait two seconds before kicking in. Why? It’s less intrusive when you do a lot of small, quick changes. And for those with an great reflexes, you may also be able to hit “undo all” before the saving kicks in if you realize you’ve made a mistake.
Perhaps the most important part of this release is the invisible stuff.
- In preparation for future (top-secret) developments we’ve optimized some data-formating. Your account will be silently updated.
- Bug fixing on Groups.
- Fixed some of the false positives in the automatic entry recovery.
As always, let us know if you stumble across any issues.