Need to share passwords with another Passpack user, or administer them to someone in your organization? Say hello to Secure Sharing.
No more pressing big red save button, Passpack will automatically save your changes as you go [smile]. Autosaving is activated by default. If you’d like to turn it off go to Settings > Packing & Saving and change the Automatically Save Changes option to No.
Search, Tags & Filters
We’ve rearranged the interface a little bit. We’ve move the search box and tags to the left together with a new Quick Filters panel which should make it a bit easier to find this faster. You can filter for:
- All of your passwords
- Favorites only
…and, click more option to see…
- Recently added, deleted or changed items (only if Autosave is turned off)
- Shared items, grouped by who’s sharing with who and user name
- Security level
We also did some similar tidying up in your People tab. You can filter for:
- Your shared users
- Alphabetical order (cleaned it up, and moved it to the left)
The Messages tab will likely follow suit…
In an attempt to make getting started easier, we’ve revamped the home tab adding some quick explanations and videos. More importantly, we’ve added some status updates, news and notifications. Check it out.
This is the first time we’ve made changes to the entry window since… ever. We took advantage of the introduction of secure sharing to clean up a bit. Some changes:
- Notes are now in a mini-tab unto themselves.
- Options mini-tab where you can set favorites or security level
- Sharing mini-tab where you can assign passwords to people with either view only or view & modify permissions
- Password generator moved to the upper right
- Shared entries are Orange
- We killed the Go There button as it caused a bit of confusion for new users (let us know if you miss it) Back by popular demand.
Click to Copy
You know those little content icons in your main password list? Now you can click on any one of them to quickly copy the contents to your clipboard.
If you don’t see them, go to Settings > Appearance to change your preferences.
What Else is New?
A few odds and ends changes, fixes and tweaks, among which:
- Go to Tools >Password Suggestions to launch the password generator anytime you’d like, not just from within the entry window.
- More import options, including Keepass and Clipperz.
- Moved User ID, Password, Packing Key and email to the Account tab.
- You can now rename the people in your People tab.
- Delete entry trash can to the right of each item in your list.
I think I’ve covered all the major changes. So go forth, share and be merry. Let the feedback roll… (contact us here if you run into any problems).