It’s here at last, you’ve been asking for it and we finally managed to get it up and running:
So how will it all work? Good question, I’ll try and guide you through the first steps and general process.
- If you have any one of these accounts you can sign up with Passpack using them
- If you already have both a Passpack account and an OpenID (Google or Hotmail) account, you can associate them from the Settings page within your already existing Passpack account.
I Have OpenID, Now I Want Passpack[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAvjjtk2vDg]
Sign up using OpenID
- From the Passpack Sign In screen, click the OpenID icon.
- Insert your OpenID identity and provider: since it’s the first time you sign in you will be taken to the provider’s page for authentication.
- Sign into your provider and “allow Passpack forever.”
- You will be taken back to the Passpack Sign Up process, where you can select your Packing Key. All done, you now can sign into your Passpack account using your OpenID.
Sign up using Google or Windows Live (Hotmail)
- From the Passpack Sign In screen, choose the Google or Hotmail icon, whichever you prefer
- Insert your existing Gmail or Hotmail address and password, then Passpack will confirm it
- You will then be prompted to select a Packing Key.
This short video shows how to signup for Passpack using a Google Account.
I Want to Associate OpenID to My Passpack[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX5YQJyE3gQ]
- Sign into your existing Passpack account with your normal login information (UserID, Pass and Packing Key)
- Go to Settings then click on the new OpenID & 3rd Parties – Associate Another Login option
- Read the instructions on the new page, then press Start Now
- In a new screen you will be asked to insert your OpenID identity: you can either write it all out by hand, or type your nick and then select the provider from the list at the bottom to automatically format it correctly
- You will be taken to the provider’s page for authentication. Sign in, tell your provider to “allow Passpack” (or a similar option)
- You will then be taken back to your Passpack Welcome Message, where you’ll have to insert your Packing Key and you’re back in your account
- A confirmation message will appear saying that the OpenID identity has been successfully associated to your account.
You can associate as many OpenID identities as you wish, so go at it and have fun!
The process is identical for Google and Windows Live, the only difference is that there is no need to set Passpack as a trusted site.
Oops, I Forgot
Of course, if you want, you can always choose to sign up with the traditional User ID, Pass and Packing Key combination.
So do you like how we integrated OpenID and Passpack?